Tuesday, August 14, 2012

acid & alkaline

I have been doing some research on the the pH of foods and the effect acid & alkaline have on our bodies.  I came across this chart:  Acid Alkaline Food Chart pdf

Interesting stuff.  I just bought some pH pee sticks that show the pH balance of your body at that time....you simply run these little sticks thru your urine stream and TA-dah!! ...you get an instant display of color right before your eyes!

The box I bought on Amazon are by PHinex and are so much fun to pee on....(reminds me of the Keto Sticks I used whenever I would do the Atkins diet.)  After 15 seconds you hold the reagent strip up to a color-colded legend and you know right then and there....the proof is in your pee!  If you are trending red, you got too much acid going in your life....if you pee green, you are living in an alkaline state.  Green is good.  There is lots to be read on this subject out there....very interesting indeed.

My latest "results".
I tested early tonite and was pretty impressed with my color.  The pic was taken a few minutes after the results were "official" so I think the pic shows it looking darker than it really was but it looked like about a 6.5 at the time....it was kind of an impromptu photo shoot.

Brian voluntarily peed on one tonite and had me record him at 5.25; he did not volunteer to have his results posted on the web.

I stayed 100% raw today.  Lots of juice, an hour of moderate yoga, and a bit of a tomato "bisque" I prepared yesterday, water and a glass of white wine.  Funny....I just don't seem want it.  That glass is sitting half-full on my bedside table.  Quite odd for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment