Monday, August 27, 2012

beer caps for bunny

We have been spending so much time in our backyard this summer and it came to my attention that a piece of garden art was looking a little tattered and in need of "sprucing up."
The weather-worn bunny needed a necklace of sorts.  So I got out a container filled with saved beer caps and went to work punching holes in each one. (I just used a hammer & punch to pop a small hole in the center of each cap.)  Since Caroline doesn't start school until tomorrow and she is BORED and driving me craZy, I put her to work stringing the punched caps on a long piece of heavy-duty elastic jewelry cord.

Once she laced on the last beer cap, we tied the two ends of the cord together and cut off the "tails".  What we got is a funky, repurposed necklace for the raggedy garden rabbit!

I think he looks like he is ready for luau, Texas-style!  If I have time I may knit him a mini-scarf for the winter months.

What creative ideas do you have for revamping sun-damaged garden art?

No comments:

Post a Comment