Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hooray for Firefighters!

Not only do our Firefighters voluntarily risk their lives for us, they make it easy for us to give back too!

I recently discovered
Firehouse Subs and am so glad I did.  Not only does my family love their sandwiches, they also sell these AWESOME pickle buckets (that include a locking lid) for a $2 donation.  These buckets are absolutely perfect for containing & carrying my never-ending flow of green "waste" from juicing.  When they are full I just load them up in my car and drive over to the City's community garden to process the pulp into compost.  

The $2 donation for each bucket goes to the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation an organization set up to impact local communities by providing fire departments, law enforcement and EMS with the tools, technology and training they need.  Find out more about the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation here:  
http://www.firehousesubs.com/Foundation-Overview.aspx 


Lots of primo composting material



As far as an update on my transition to a raw foods lifestyle, I am regretful to have encountered a setback Sunday night.  It involved pizza of course.  Once again, I felt absolutely horrid after a few slices and after I overcame my cooked food hangover, I immediately returned to more Alkaline-friendly fare.  I am happy to report I am feeling MUCH better today thanks to a massive intake of green juice.

spinach, dandelion, broccoli, kale, lemons, limes, apples, ginger and a spicy red pepper 


Green antidote for my post-cooked food agony



When all else fails, go green!

No comments:

Post a Comment